Charming Brick Front Colonial
Framed by mature trees, this 1940 Colonial retains all of its vintage appeal. An arched molding and stone surround accent the entry. Step into the bright living room and relax by the fireplace with a glow from its flames enhancing the gleam of your hardwood floors. Treat yourself to a glass of cider as you enjoy a few moments on your screened sun porch with afternoon sun streaming in. In a cheery white kitchen, there’s an efficient floor plan. A first-floor powder room gives your household and guests the convenience of washing up before dinner served in a separate, formal dining room. Chair rail molding accents the vanilla walls.
There’s a spacious master bedroom with walk-in closet and a full hall bath just outside the door. Two more bedrooms, one with twin closets, provide extra sleeping space. Downstairs, with a laundry area in your unfinished lower level, stands ready for off-season storage.
On weekdays, you’ll enjoy a quick commute, thanks to your prime location. A few blocks from transportation to New York City, you’ll be at work door-to-door in midtown Manhattan or Wall Street within 50 minutes. With its good bones, this home needs only your architect’s touch to expand it to the twenty-first century. Just blocks from Franklin School, a top-rated Summit elementary school, and one of Summit’s best playing fields,168 Blackburn is an ideal place to call home.
- Stately Colonial home
- 2 finished levels: 1 full bathroom and 1 half-bath
- Built in 1940 with many period details intact
- Rich hardwood flooring
- Warm neutral color palette
- Wood-burning fireplace
- Charming porch surrounded by screening on three sides
- Kitchen features solid surface countertops and sparkling white cabinetry with white appliances
- Kitchen opens to the formal dining room
- First-floor powder room
- Laundry on unfinished lower level
- .258 acre with large backyard
- Brick exterior facade
- Attached one-car garage with automatic door opener
- Located in the Franklin School section
- Top-rated schools
- Within blocks to NYC transportation
- Easy access and 15 minutes to major highways, business centers, and Newark Liberty International Airport