Historic 19th Century Victorian
This 19th Century Shingle Style Victorian "summer cottage,” recognized by the Summit Historic Preservation Commission, presents a wonderful opportunity to renovate, remodel or rebuild. Located in an R-10 zone which allows, with no variance, for adding a 381 SF detached garage with front-facing doors. The home has high ceilings, large rooms, some restored woodwork/doors/windows, 3-story cathedral ceiling above the entry hall staircase & a rear servant's stair leading to the second floor. This is one of Summit's "Grandes Dames" located within blocks of Summit's Midtown Direct train station to Manhattan's Penn Station; the bus to New York City's Port Authority stops right in front.
- House being sold in "as is" condition
- Certificate of Occupancy is the obligation of the purchaser
- All five fireplaces are non-functioning; chimney for hot-water heater lined 2017
- Hot-water heater 2017
- Vermont slate roof installed 1985
- Two gas furnaces & two A/C units provide zoned heating and air conditioning